Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Time Flies

Somehow I missed the month of September.  I'm not sure how that happened.  Maybe it was because the weather finally got nice enough to work outside in the garden even if all I was doing was pulling weeds.  It's those nasty burrs that some folks call goat's head stickers but they're really burrs.  You don't want those goat's heads.  They are called puncture vine for a reason.

Everything you wanted to know but were too smart to ask.

Yeah, if you read a little bit of it, they are supposed to enhance sexual performance.  Um....

PASS.

The sand burrs I'm pulling up are bad enough and this guy made wine?  Oh my, my.  The world is crazy.


We took a trip to Colorado and got to see some lovely fall color.  The aspens were turning early this year.




I'm back but I'm not ready for this fall and winter stuff.  Can we skip that this year?  I know.  I can't deprive my friends and family of cookies.  There has to be cookies. I guess we can have Christmas afterall.

Some strange things have happened to me during September:
  • I was followed by a car with a full-size stuffed bear in the passenger seat.  The driver was talking to the bear.
  • I was followed by The Zombie Apocalypse Survival SUV.
  • I started training for another marathon.  

Evil Twin is sure I've lost my marbles.  If you see them rolling around, send them back to me.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been wondering when you'd be back. You've had a traumatic month being followed by psychotic drivers with full-sized stuffed bears. Maybe it's a new kind of GPS system.

Lovely pictures. The shot of the white pines is breathtaking, not in a bad sense because you get it back.

When's the marathon?

Rob-bear said...

Glad you had a busy September!

As for that Bear, are you sure it was a stuffed toy and not a real Bear? I've had rides in front seats of cars, and talked to the drivers as we rode along. I'm suspicious of your assessment.

I'm also suspicious of Evil Twin. If there are any marbles rolling around they may be ET's. Of course if you're thinking marathon, people might wonder why you're giving yourself this run-around. Good luck.

Rob-bear said...

P.S.: Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. Try that on Evil Twin.

Ziva said...

I love the photos, they're gorgeous. I'm a little worried about the full-sized stuffed bear, though.. Better not take a walk alone at night. Bring Evil Twin.

ReformingGeek said...

@Lauren - Thanks. We got some great photos in Colorado. The marathon is 12/9 in Dallas. Oh boy!

@Rob-bear - Fruit flies. Haha! Love it. Yeah, maybe it was a real bear and maybe he was stolen from the local zoo. Oh dears. I'm sure those are ET's marbles. Hee Hee.

@Thanks, Ziva. Yeah, it's scary enough around here at night. Skunks, racoons, armadillos....bobcats. You just never know what you'll meet.

leeuna said...

Fall is my favorite season -- if only it wasn't followed by freezing, bone chilling winter. Glad you're back. I found a marble but I don't know if it's yours or mine.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a lot of info to absorb. Let's see if I got this right- A guy was following you to Colorado while drinking bear burr goat wine, but you ran into a Marathon store to avoid the zombie apocalypse and you looked for some marbles? How on earth do you manage?

injaynesworld said...

It sounds like you had a very full and "colorful" month in more ways than one. You can't tell that fall is upon us here in California. It got to 108 degrees on Monday. Even the bears were naked. ;)

Rob-bear said...

Even the Bears were naked? Good grief! What is our world coming to?

ReformingGeek said...

@Leeuna - I think that marble belongs to my cat. Thanks for finding it.

@Jamie - Haha! I get by. I get by. Sigh.

@Jayne - YIKES!

@Rob-bear - Our world must be coming to an end....in just a couple of months.

Suzanne said...

"I was followed by The Zombie Apocalypse Survival SUV."

AWESOME! So jealous. Please elaborate when you get the chance.

ReformingGeek said...

@Sue - I wish I knew more. It was an SUV with Zombie Apocalypse signs all over it. I was quite entertained for awhile.

Cheryl said...

I haven't seen any marbles rolling around over here. If I find any good ones I may have to keep them for my ever-dwindling supply.

I'm very excited to hear about your next marathon. Good for you for choosing a hot place to run. Are you going to train in a sauna?

Mike said...

Hey Reffie! It was nice to see you over at my place. I hope life has been treating you well these days? :)


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"